Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

No, this isn't a post on a game about the New Years, although I'm sure there's potential there for a story game (that or a great basis for a session of Baron Munchausen). It's now 2012, I've been at this for a few months and I've looked back at what I've achieved so far. I'm pleasantly surprised with the readership the blog has had, even if you set aside my Song of Ice and Fire entry that a friend linked on Reddit which accumulated several hundred views. For those of you that have commented, thank you so much for your feedback and support. Once again, if you have any criticisms, suggestions, queries or requests, do not hesitate to bring them up.

I have been a bit lax of late. I only managed to get one entry done in the whole month of December and while it was certainly a busy period for me I'd like to prevent that happening again. I also want to try and make things just a teensy bit more polished in general.

With that in mind, here are a few resolutions for Light of Play for the year ahead:

1) At least one new post per week (don't worry, this one doesn't count).
2) Put some kind of link to more information on the game I'm covering in the post. I've retroactively done this for all my past entries.
3) Work on my writing. Glancing back at my work so far I do a fair bit of wincing at some of the errors and redundancies I've missed.


Once again, thank you for reading and I hope you have a wonderful year of gaming ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment